Until 1994 Matrix Separations was operated as a division of SCT Yarns and known as SCT Filtration Products.
Matrix Separations takes advantage of technology that allowed graduated density to be engineered into depth filter products. The wound depth filter had been the workhorse for liquid filtration but had been limited to a single removal rating within the cartridge. This single pattern design produced good efficiencies and satisfactory life but could prematurely blind off when presented a broad particle distribution. The breakthrough technology of graduated density programming offers filtration performance engineered for specific processes and applications.
- Resin Bonded Filters – Economical Depth Filtration at higher flow rates and higher viscosities. Matrix cartridges have a two-stage filtration design to maximize particle removal and service life in viscous fluid filtration applications. Matrix cartridges are available in several different micron ratings including 2, 3, 5, 10, 25, 50, 75, 100, 125, and 150.
- Matrix SNO-SPUN filter cartridges are made of polypropylene resin meeting FDA regulation 21CRF177.1520. No binders, lubricants or antistatic agents are used in our manufacturing process.
- XLC Cartridge (Extended Life Cartridge) are manufactured with computer aided designs to construct a true graduated density product that allows unusually extended void volume for greater load capacity, longer life, and higher flow rate. The XLC Cartridge also retains its particle trapping effectiveness up to 99.9%. Matrix XLC cartridges are available in both nominal and absolute ratings.
- E-Series Matrix wound cartridges . We precisely pattern fibers to create consistently reliable filtration with a trapping effectiveness of up to 99% which offer a gradual pressure increase during cartridge life instead of the abrupt flow cutoff experienced with competitor’s cartridges.
- Filter bags for almost any process filtration application requiring the removal of solids. Matrix Separations’ Filter bags perform at high flow rates where liquid with viscosities up to 10,000 cps requires filtration. Matrix Separations’ filter bags offer superior dirt holding capacity.
Why should you work with Advanced Filtration for Matrix Separations’ filtration equipment?
Advanced Filtration specializes in industrial filtration systems including the Power, Chemical, Pharmaceutical, Cosmetic, Biotech representing many companies. Whether you are involved with power generation or the production of flavors and fragrances, bottled water or beverages or the distribution of liquid or gaseous products our experienced filtration engineers are at the ready to assist you with the companies and products that will work best for your company and applications.